Software Engineering, Other Engineering
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
Burnt is building the world’s first creator-centric monetization and engagement app powered by its own custom infrastructure layer, bringing innovative Web3 tools to creators and their billions of end-users. If you’re looking to join a fast paced, problem solving environment in the center of blockchain infrastructure, NFTs, decentralized applications, and the creator economy please apply!
The Engineering Manager should be a person with a sharp, technical background who is interested in architecting and executing a plan to best allocate and grow our engineering resources at Burnt in order to meet our product and technical goals. This role is positioned as an Engineering Manager, but ideal candidates should be eager to grow alongside the company, with potential for the role to evolve into that of Director of Engineering or beyond. Candidates should be empathetic and driven to meet the needs of their reports. Critically, at our early stage there will be an expectation that the person fulfilling this role will have a ~50/50 split between delivering code as an IC and managing their team.
- Gather and share bidirectional feedback
- Ensure feedback from elsewhere in the organization is digested and shared with the engineering team
- Ensure that feedback from within the engineering team is digested and shared with the executive team
- Ensure all feedback is acted on quickly when appropriate
- Understand the needs of your team and ensure they are met quickly and transparently
- Maintain strong relationships within the product and marketing functions and collaborate with them to steer the direction of products and technologies at Burnt
- Collaborate with the product team to translate product requirements into clear engineering goals
- Architect and implement features for a Dapp with multiple (centralized and decentralized) back ends
- Minimum five years of professional experience
- Minimum one year of management experience
- Experience mentoring more junior engineers
- Familiarity with web3 concepts and technologies (professional experience a huge plus)
- Minimum three years of development experience
Benefits of working at Burnt include competitive compensation, unlimited PTO, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company off-sites and more!
Burnt is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
See more open positions at Burnt
Something looks off?